For many women, their closet is at the top of the list of areas in need of organization. Here are some quick and easy strategies to immediately create space and add organization to your closet. Believe me, it’s transformational!
- Follow the two-year rule to purge outdated or ill-fitting garments. If you haven’t used it or worn it in two years, it’s safe that you won’t use it again. When you wear something that looks old and tired, you feel old and tired!
- Get rid of anything that doesn’t belong in the closet. Like that old typewriter, your kiddo’s artwork, an old bowling ball. Honor your closet space and how it best serves your wardrobe.
- Move out-of-season garments to another area of your home. Try to be creative about finding storage space. Try using an underbed storage box.
- Take advantage of all vertical space by stacking sweaters, shoes and handbags on shelves. Use stacking drawers or shelves to prevent items from toppling over.
- Use skinny or add-on hangers to maximize your space. Using hangers that are the same color adds to the uniformity of your tidy space.
- Color coordinate items to make selecting an outfit easier.
- Utilize the blank wall space and/or the back of a closet door to store belts, jewelry and other accessories. Try white pegboard. It’s customizable!
- Add a colorful rug and naturally scented sachet to tap into all of your senses! Lavender and eucalyptus are natural moth repellants.
- Begin your day by opening the doors to a beautifully organized closet and stick to wearing clothing that makes you feel beautiful because YOU ARE!!
Photo is courtesy of Closet World.