Ever had one of those days when NOTHING fit? You left the store feeling completely defeated? I know what you mean. I felt it a couple weeks ago. Mentally beating myself up for eating too much. Not exercising enough. It reminded me of the day a friend asked me if I was pregnant when I wasn’t. There are some days that it’s best NOT to shop. If I’m feeling sad, blah, bloated or stressed and I only recognize that once I try that first dress on I TURN AROUND AND GO HOME. No need to prolong the agony. Instead, I take a nice walk, drink a protein shake and soak in a bubble bath. AND… wait for another day when I’m feeling good.
But, what if you really NEED something? Stay with me here. Having a well rounded wardrobe takes strategy. The work I do with my clients results in having something ready to wear for any occasion. The time, effort and investment ultimately pay off. You won’t have to shop on those days you’re just not into it.
Mindset and preparation are huge in shopping effectively. Here are some tips I use to amp up my mindset, mood & probability of success;
- Getting a solid night’s sleep the night before
- Taking some quiet time
- Eating a healthy breakfast
- Exercising to music that makes you shake your booty
- Wearing something that makes you feel pretty AND is comfy
- Taking extra time on your hair and makeup
- Prepping with a prioritized list and set budget
- Taking healthy snacks & water
- Packing your try-on essentials (heels for dresses, Spanx, etc.)
Here’s to YOUR successful shopping day and giving yourself grace for those off days. Hugs and kisses.
Join the conversation. What tips do you have to add?
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW.