5 Tips To Enhance Your Charisma For Virtual Events
With virtual meetings, networking and conferences on the rise it is more important than ever hone unique ways to build your brand and stand out from your competition. Brushing up on your natural charisma will allow the best of you to attract your ideal customers and increase your cashflow.
Yes, you have charisma. It might not be what you’ve defined it to be in the past, but it is as authentic to you as your fingerprint.
Charisma is your inner quality that’s magnetic and engaging to others and inspires them to follow your lead.
Michael Buble’ has a boyish charming charisma that inspires millions of fans while Mother Teresa had a soft, powerful way that drew the masses to her. And you have a flavor of charisma, too.
Here are 5 Ways to Elevate Your Charisma For Virtual Events
- Care For Self. Your wellbeing is the foundation and fuel for your charisma. Acts of self care increase your confidence and worth. Nutrition, exercise, sleep, hydration, quiet time, and image enhancement are essential to fueling your charisma. When you practice these consistently you will feel improvement in all aspects of your life.
- Come Prepared. You will be self-assured when you’ve done your pre-event due diligence. Test your technology and show up 5 minutes early to the event. Read the agenda well beforehand and research the presenters and topics so you can add value to the event.|
- Chat Participation. Your interaction in the chat is a powerful way to stand out. Keep your chat to the topic at hand, share your ideas and insights, and when you like an attendee’s ideas or perspectives let them know with words of edification.
- Equip Yourself. Virtual meetings are here to stay so it’s time to invest in the equipment you need. Flattering light, a quality microphone and a professional backdrop represent your brand and image. I cannot stress this tip enough!! I see too many people lose an opportunity for a great first impression because of poor lighting or a sloppy backdrop. What equipment do I suggest? I’ve done the shopping for you!
Download my 20 Tips & Resources To Look, Feel & Sound Confident For Virtual Events and you can see exactly what I use.
- Pre-Event Focus Prep. Give yourself 10 minutes leading up to the event to get your head right. Yes, I said get your head right :). I meditate, listen to music, dance or even do some stretching. This allows me to turn the noise off in my head and hyper focus so when I show up I am engaged and active. Close your door and turn any unnecessary technology and notifications off so you are not distracted.
BONUS!!!! Smile, make eye contact with your camera lens when you are speaking, and sit or stand in power posture!
Your charisma is elevated when you feel confident, equipped and enthusiastic. Taking good care of yourself, showing up prepared, participating in the chat, owning the right equipment and adopting a pre-event focus routine will increase your visibility, influence and profits!!