In September, Joe and I headed to the Mediterranean for a few weeks to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. Romance and packing were really on my mind. I wanted to pack smart without skimping on style so when I came upon Project Runway mentor Tim Gunn’s packing essentials I decided to follow his lead with my own spin! Keep in mind, these picks are for temperate climate.
Take a look at these 10 essentials that are versatile and oh, so comfy.
I packed things that traveled well so I only took clothing that had stretch in it. Cotton and silk jerseys were top picks.
- Basic black dress Well, mine was charcoal gray. Choose a neutral shade (the darker the better) that works best for YOU. Dark, because it won’t show those gelato stains. 🙂
- Unlined trench coat. Lightweight and waterproof for unexpected rain showers.
- Dress pant. Great for pairing with different tops and accessories.
- Skirt. Super versatile to pair with a new top or blouse you find during your travels.
- Dressy top. Works perfectly with the dress pant and skirt.
- Dark wash jeans. Jeans that really held their shape were a Godsend. I was able to get a few wears out of them before they needed laundering.
- Cashmere cardigan. Lightweight cashmere is perfect to keep the evening chill off.
- Day dress (like a casual wrap dress). Great with sandals for warm days.
- Dressy tee or camisole. Works with jeans or your dress pants depending on the occasion.
As footwear goes, comfort is KEY. Let sensibility guide you. Luckily the trend is headed that way!
Bon voyage to you for YOUR next trip!